Do you need new wireless packs for every country that your band visits?

We’re thinking about buying the Sennheiser G3 wireless transmitters and packs. But we tour all over the world. Do we need new wireless packs for every country that we visit?

Ultimate Ears UE Travel

All the Sennheiser G3 units work all over the world.

They scan available frequencies wherever you are. But in some locations, like the UK and Scotland, you’ll need to purchase operating licenses or they can hit you with very hefty fines. See below for country specifics and for direct license purchasing.

And I’m sure you’re reading this and thinking “license this@!" but be warned. A lot of first-timers go to Europe and don’t take this stuff seriously and then they get shut down by the RF police over there. (Yes, there are literally RF police at Euro festivals who walk around with scanners, and they will shut you down and confiscate your unlicensed gear.) Not only that - you can be fined up to £5000 and/or serve a six-month prison sentence. So take it like a pro.

Dot your I’s and cross your T’s. Don’t forget your operational license.
Take your performance to the next level. Let us help design a personal solution just for you.
Back to PRO BLOG